Late period, having pregnancy symptoms. Negative HPTs. Should i go for blood test?

Hi, I am 6 days late for my period and have been having some pregnancy symptoms but keep getting negative HPTs. I am have occassional sharp pains in my breasts, and they are staring to get blue veins all over them. I have fleeting episodes of nausea, and have gotten at least one headache a day since a few days before my period. I also have been having mild menstrual cramps but not as bad as they usually are, and am having a full feeling in my abdomen. Is a week late too early to ask my doctor for a blood test? Wouldn't I be showing a positive HPT by now?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013