Late period, discharge with blood. Cervical smear normal. Worried about uterine cancer

Hi, my last period was late by a few days and, also, when it came it was very light (almost wouldn t qualify it as a period). However, I have had bloody discharge which has changed colour ever since the period started and this has now been going on for 2 weeks. I am very worried about it. I am 37, not pregnant.otherwise very healthy. recent cervical smear normal. I have seen a doctor and he suggested waiting until my next period to see what happens but I have insisted on a scan. I am due to have this next week but in the meantime am losing sleep with worry. Uterine cancer is on my mind. any help you can give very helpful. thank you
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013