Late period, all signs of pregnancy, test negative

I am 6 days late and have all signs of being pregnant. I took a very cheap test and it showed neg but with 2 of my childern I have now didnt show until 8-12 days after me being late.. What should I do now..
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012

You should wait for three to four days more and then check yourself again with a repeat pregnancy test.
The pregnancy test depends Upson hormonal assessment and according to the raised hormone levels, it comes out touch positive.
In most cases, it takes 10 days after the expected day of menstruation for the hormone levels to be high enough to be detected the strip test.

Dr Geetika Paul