Last menstrual period lasted for one day, light bleeding. Positive pregnancy test. Spotting?

My last period was May 15th, but only lasted one day, started as normal flow and then light within several hours and was completely done before even 24 hours. Then as of 6/17/12 I took a pregnancy test which came back positive, could my last period have been spotting ? I ve made an appointment to a doctor to find out how far along I am, but trying to make sure that May 15th was indeed my last period, or if April 12th was my last period.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
As per the information given by you, it is more likely that April 12 th was your last period, the spottting on may 15 th is likely due to implantation spotting.
You should get a USG done to confirm the gestational age of pregnancy.
Hope to have cleared your doubts,
Dr.Mrs.Sumeet Baheti
OBGYN Dr. Juhi's  Response
Most likely 12th April was your last period, and in May what you had was just spotting. It can be decided by sonography accurately.