Large, tender knot under center of chin. History of being on accident, detected minor concussion. Thoughts?

Hello. I was in a car accident yesterday and visited the emergency room immediately after. I was told that I suffered a minor concussion, nothing to be too concerned about. However, this morning when I woke up, I noticed a large knot underneath the center of my chin. While I am not in any severe pain, the knot is tender to the touch. Please help me make sense of this new injury--should i be alarmed and return to the emergency room?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
It may very well be a hematoma or a bruise in which blood or fluid may have leaked out of a blood vessel due to the trauma. In most cases they resolve on their own. It would be best to keep an eye on the size and if it enlarges consider an evaluation.