Large sebaceous cyst just above left nipple, burst, wound dresses had foul smell. Causes ?

I had a large sebaceous cyst just above my left nipple ( a male) and it was red and ripe and burst before the day of the operation which was done under general anesthesia and I was discharged the same day and was prescribed antibiotics . The medical report revealed that the wound was left open with the appropriate dressings. The next evening I found that the dressed wound was emanating a little foul smell of pus . What s the cause? Have they left any pieces of the cyst? Have I got to go through another operation under general anesthesia to totally remove traces of all the cyst pieces?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012