Large ring sore on ankle, looking red and getting worse. Ringworm or lyme disease?

my husband on his ankle has a large round (really looks bad) ring sore. About a month ago went to the doctor for something else and had the doctor look at it he scraped some and looked under scope and said just dry skin . Now it looks really bad and alot bigger, I m thinking ringworm or lyme disease . It does itch ...and now it is really red and sore looking and that is different then when he first noticed it. Should he be checked by the doctor again since it has gotten worse.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012