Large red spot on inner lower thigh, burning, leg pain. Using topical benadryl, aspirin. Cure?

I have a large red-hot spot (about the size of a hand print with fingers spread) on the inner side of my lower thigh. It showed up 2 days ago -- it is more burning that itching -- I have been using topical benadryl and now it sort of looks like a pebbly surface. I have also been taking aspirin . The whole leg aches -- I could hardly stand on it on Friday, but it s much better now -- though still a bit achy.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012