Large red marks on arm and hip, skin is rough and itching. Reason for marks?

I m looking for answers as to why i have large red marks all of a sudden appear on my arms. I also noticed i have marks on the back of my legs. I noticed the large red marks on my arms getting out of the shower while i had a cold with major chills. The large red marks are from my elbow to wrist on the inside of arm. Wide and long and after a couple weeks started to itch . Before that the red marks were smooth but now the skin is rough from scratching and putting lotion on it. Any ideas what this could be? Should I see a doctor? The red marks appeared before 11/19/2012 I m seeing marks appear around my hip area. If this means anything or not during this time I ve had major toe pains and outside hip pain. I drink plenty of water so why so many toes in pain at once?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012