Large purple bruise below the thumb, sore throat and blocked nose, are they related ?

I have noticed this morning a large bruise that has come up on the palm of my hand on the fatty bit below the thumb . I haven t knocked my hand and cannot think of an explination for this bruise. I also recently had a simlar bruise appear on the back of my leg just behind the knee . Again it was unexplained and the bruise was large and almost purple in colour. I am 24 and healthy and do not take any medications. I also noted that I have recently been feeling very tired despite getting plently of sleep and have been suffering with a blocked nose and sore throat for some weeks and didnt know if the two things are related?
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012