Large lump on upper right arm. No pain or discoloration. Possibility of cancer?

hi doctor, my dad has had a large lump on his upper right arm for quite long time. I noticed it about two weeks ago and tried to covince him to go get it checked, but he refuses to go to the doctor. The lump is painless and there's no discolouration in the area around it, he has also been experiencing fatigue. I am concerned that it could be cancerous! Could it be any thing serious or do you think it might be benign? And does he have to get it checked? I hope you can help doctor. And maybe I should also mention that I live in a very poor country with very poor medical qualifications. So I'm also kind of afraid that the diagnosis here might be wrong. So please help doctor.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Jun 2013