Large lump on top of right shoulder. Could this lump be a lymph node that has swollen ?

My Father (turns 85 this month), has had a large lump on top of his R shoulder for 4-5 months now. He s had other health issues to deal with so has not had it removed. He was told it was probably a cyst . Tried to have it aspirated but it came right back. He s also had problems with his hemoglobin dropping and has had 8 units of blood in the past 6 wks. He s been getting procrit shots - just had it upped to 6000 today from 4000. They did a bone marrow biopsy which turned out inconclusive. Newest thought is that it s myelodysplastic syndrome or something that starts with an H according to my sister - Hodgkin s? Could this lump be a lymph node that has swollen way out of proportion? Just want to know if I should suggest he mention the swelling when he returns to the anemia doctor on Monday.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013