Large hernia along the horizontal scar of surgery, no pain or indigestion, diabetic. Is it worth to go for surgery ?

I have a large hernia along the horizontal scar from my 2007 surgery. No pain, no indigestion, no other problems. I do have four or five bowel movements in twenty four hours. Since I have a deteriorated disk in my lower back, I wear a brace every other day or so and that holds the hernia in place. Do you think that since surgery would be for cosmetic reasons,it would be worth the risk. I am an 80 year old male. I eat lots of fruits and vegetable and tolerate anything I want. I became diabetic six months ago and control my sugar levels with insulin injection (7 units per day. I control the sugars and white wheat. Any other food taken in moderation seem to be satisfactory.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013