Large hard lump pus filled on jaw, Dr put me on moxacillian, still not completely drained. What to do ?

I saw a Dr thursday for and infection on my jaw. a large hard lump grew or filled fast a few days prior. He put me on moxacillian told me or apply heat and wait for it to soften and come to a head. which i did. there was some daining but the majority of the lump is still there, hard and not letting the rest of the pus out. the skin has split open and I can see a dark mass and some dark white pus.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Hi, Rclermont,
Thanks for query.
Now infection is controlled and in duration remains which will resolve gradually as antibiotic medicines continues.
Take some anti inflammatory tablet as well.
Ok and bye.