Large hard lump on the shin bone, no pain. What could it be?

I am a 62 year old man and today out of nowhere I have a large hard lump right on my shin bone that seems to be part of the bone, with zero pain. It looks like a knob you would get from surfing but it is obvious that my other leg doesn t have the same lump. I am not a surfer so I wonder what it could be? What kind of doctor should I see? My endocrinologist had suggested I see a hematologist the other day because my it seems I have too many red blood cells. Could they be connected to each other or is it a separate problem. I don t what kind of doctor to go to?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012