Large, hard lump inside right buttock, scab formed on skin above. Knot or tumour?

I have a large hard lump deep inside my right buttock up high (about four inches below my back). It is painful (about a 5) and has been there about two months. This is like a mass of sorts. About 3 inches by half an inch. Now, there is a strange puckered scab on the skin above it and I have not scraped it? The lump/mass feels like it is fairly deep inside. I have to push very hard to feel the margins. Is this just a knot in the muscle or can you actually get tumors in your buttock?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013