Large gastrinoma, spreading to liver, severe itching. Taking antidepressants, atarax. Cure?

my husband has a very large gastrinoma that has spread to the liver... he is most bothered by severe itching that keeps him from sleeping despite numerous forms of narcotics.. antidepressants ( seroquel , mirtazapine are of no benefit) he has tried various types of benedryl , atarax with no use. Just wondering if you have any other suggestions for the severe itchiness. I was reading that hyperparathyroidism is also associated with his condition and if increasing his vitamin D would be of any benefit pertaining to the itching. by the way his serum bile is not elevated - any help would be appreciated
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013