Large cyst on lower back. Burning, and fluid coming out. What should I do?

I have had a very large cyst on the lower rite side of my back.sometimes would burn if touched.became red and the middle of the cyst on the outside there is like a pin ruptured 3 days ago.itches real bad when I went to scratch it clear fluid came out with cottage cheese like has gotten smaller but am cramping on my left side where it is and aroun to my side. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. thanks for the query.
It look like atheroma and this is very commonly seen.This is actually subcutaneous gland which may grow or become infalmmated. The best treatment is surgical removal under local anasthesia and this is permanent solution. If it becomes infalmmated then it will be red with pus formation and urgent surgery would be necessary. So you should visit surgeon before infalmmation occur and then it can be easily removed.
Wish you good health. Regards