Large cyst and tumor in ovaries removed. Can I have kids? Why does back hurt?

I am a 31 female. In March I had my left ovary and tube removed due to both a large cyst and tumor . My last period started on 5-25-12 since yesterday I have had such bad back pain especially on my right side. Today I woke up and feel like the pain is spreading and almost numbing going down my right hip- buttocks . I even have some pain around my right ovary. I am concerned and I really want kids so I dont want to lose my right ovary as well! I am at a loss at what to do. I also was told I have slight endo on right ovary. Should I make a doctor appt or go to urgent care? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
It could be due to the adhesions and fibrosis from earlier surgery.
ALso, it could be nerve pain also, since it is being referred to the legs.
WIthout an ultrasound scan, dont jump to conclusions.
Make an appointment with a proper gynecologist.
Meanwhile, take an antispasmodic.
Endometriosis could be responsible for the pain.
It is best to try and medically manage the endometriosis before considering surgery for the other ovary.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further by writing at -