Large clots during periods post child birth, stopped breastfeeding. Cause of worry?

Hi, I had my son 15 months ago and stopped breastfeeding at 5-6 months. Upon getting my first few periods around the time I stopped feeding, I noticed I was getting quite large clots which I could feel as they passed... I am concerned as I am still getting rather large clots about the size of a 10-20 cent piece ( Australian) around the middle 3-4 days of my period accompanied by pains. What would be an appropriate course of action to take? Yours
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013