Large bruise on hip, severe menstrual cramps after falling from steps. Muscle sprain?

I fell down the steps at work on Wednesday. I have a huge bruise on my hip, which is getting better daily. However, after the fall I began my monthly menustration cycle, which I was due to begin, but I have had very severe menstral cramps like never before. Could I have pulled something in that area when I fell, like a muscle strain, to make this feeling worse? Every day it feels like it is easing up a little, but ever so slowly... Thanks for your insight on this...
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013