Large bruise at base of foot, down left side, swelling. Iced and elevated it. Cure?

I am a very petite woman, I was working out quite heavily last week, 2 hours a day on the treadmill with incline settings. Thursday night I went out with friends and wore some ankle boots. Friday morning I discovered a large bruise at the base of my foot and down the left side of my foot. I have iced, elavated and also applied heat. There is no shooting pain when I walk, but there is some swelling . Should I go to the ER?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013