Large brown patches on palms of hands, fingers. Serious symptoms?

Hi my name is xxxxxx my mom is about 52 and out I the blue my mom got these large brown patches on the palms of her hands and now it s on her finger and looked things up online but it was no help and I don t know what to do and I don t want to do anything and then lose my mom because I don t know how mil or serious this is please help me my email is YYYY@YYYY if you would like to see pictures to better help you see what it is PLEASE help me ?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013