Large blackhead on face, dark red, bleeding on popping, swelling. Treatment?

Hello, I have 3 times now had a spot on my face that appeared to be a large blackhead or small mole. They are either black or dark red. Because I know that I never had a mole there to begin with, I attempt popping them, and only dark blood comes out. No puss, no clear substance, only blood that appears to be dry because it has a distinct form rather than just liquid. What could they be? I know what a blackhead looks like and these do not look like that when popped. They also appear more raised before being popped, rather than sinks in the skin.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012