Large and isolated pimples on mons pubis, planning for STD tests. Proceeding in the right direction?

First, I plan on getting tested for STDs in a few days when I have time, but for now...I have a few pimples on my mons pubis that don t resemble herpes or molluscum at all, in that they are larger, more isolated, and generally resemble the zits i get around my back and face from time to time. i have occasionally shaved my pubic hairs, though these appeared when my pubic hairs were fairly lengthy, actually. is there some other direction i should be researching?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013