Laproscopy said endometriosis. Scar tissues in intestine. Is it an infection?

Hello Dr. XXXXXX. My name Is Carley, I am 16 and yesterday I received a laparoscopy for what seemed to be endometriosis . However, what was found was a lot of scar tissue on my intestines and some on my stomach instead of my uterus and ovaries. My doctor is baffled and completely unaware of how the scar tissue got there, but does believe it is what was causing my pain. My question is if you might know of any reasons I would have scar tissue on these organs. Maybe an infection of some sort? If you could please get back to me, that would be much appreciated, Thank you. -Carley
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012