Laporotomy done with incision on the small and large intestines. Protruding stomach. How can I get a flat belly?

It has been 1 year since I underwent laporotomy with an incision of 3ft small intestine and one bowel of large intestine . I believe it disturbed the shape of my belly. The belly used to be flat but now slightly protruding. However, I have recovered well after laporotomy and am able to play well (IT professional but a sports buff). But, I would like to get back flat belly. Can I go for rigorous exercise for belly?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013