Lanzap tablets, food pipe cancer, gas and stomach troubles, side effect of medication ?

I have been regularly taking one Lan-30 / Lanzap tablet twice daily before meals since last 12 years year (2000).on advice of Doctor of Tata Memorial Hospital, Bombay/ Mumbaai. I was operated in stomach for suspected cancer in food pipe on 31 st. December, 1988 I have now developed some stomach trouble and more of gas trouble.. Local Doctors say it might be the side effect of the prolonged use of this medicine. Is it true? If I have to stop taking this, what next I have to do? Attempt for leaving this abruptly has, in past created difficulties. Please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012