Landed on back. Severe pain. Unable to perform physical activities. Help

Okay I was jumping on trampoline , no flipping or anything, and I came down really hard after a bounce and when I went back up, my leg was stiff and in a lot of pain . I landed on my back to avoid making it worse and tried getting up to go inside my home , but I couldn t put any weight on my leg because the pain was kind of severe .My brother had to carry me inside. As I lay on the sofa, I tried stretching and bending my leg. I could only bend my leg upward a little and as I tried stretching it out, i felt terrible pain. So i have to keep my leg slightly bent as I lay because it is painful for me to have it flat . I was just wondering is this injury severe enough to go see a doctor? I came here first to get you guys opinion instead of going to the doctors because it might just be a strain.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.

You seem to be in great pain.
Did you land on your leg with your weight on it?
If you can not bear your weight, can not straighten the leg at the knee and not getting better with rest, you should see your doctor to rule out any severe injury e.g. to your joint discs (meniscii) or ligaments.

These are more severe than a simple muscle sprain which should not cause such severe restriction .

You can take paracetamol for pain till then, keep the leg rested on a hard surface and if possible immobilise it with a cloth.

You may need an Xray.
I think I could help you out.
Thanks and keep me posted.