Lacrosse practice check hit weird, cannot move the arm, small bruise seen. Took Advil, not much relief. Anything else ?

Hello, At the end of lacrosse practice about a week ago i recieved a nasty cross check to my deltoid. The check hit wierd, as it went under my pad. The pain came in right away, couldnt move my arm for the rest of the night. I was surprised to see that that there was a very small bruise , but my whole shoulder hurts to the point where i cannot do simple tasks such as passing the ball. I can slowly move my arm fine, but when i speed things up it stings all over. I have bern icing it every day. I have been on advil only to help with the pain, but is there anything else i can do? Do you know what could be wrong? Any methods of treating it faster? I need to get back on the field asap before try outs are over.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013