Lack of strength in upper body, itching in armpits, muscle pain. Screws installed in arm. Arthritis symptoms?

I am 59. I have noticed my upper body strength dwindling and seem so very sore with lifting or putting my arms up in the air. My armpits also itch alot. Normally from lifting weights--which I have been doing--muscle pain was expected and would go away but it has been weeks and it is still there. Not sure I should continue with it. 3 years ago due to a motor bike accident with a deer I had 8 screws installed in left arm. Not sure if this is related except that that period of non use could have atrophied. Doesn t explain why soreness in other arm as well though. Arthritis?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013