Lack of sleep after drinking too many energy drinks, admitted to a hospital. Treatment?

my friend has just been admitted to hospital. He has been there for two weeks and has now been moved to intensive care, The reason he is there is for not sleeping and drinking too many energy drinks. I dont understand what has happened, please can you explain? no one is aloud to see him or talk to him, and there is only so much a doctor tells you before you switch off and do not hear what they are saying or understand what they are saying because you don t want it to be true..
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012