Lack of sensitivity in legs after sitting cross legged, happens even after sleeping. Causes?

Dear Sir, I can t sit on ground because I feel senselessness in my legs after sitting for 10-15 minutes. I dont know if it is because of blood circulation as after getting up I dont feel any sensation for few minutes. And this is not only limited to legs, it happens even if I sleep in an awkward position with my hands bent in uncomfortable position. Please help me in finding my disease. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem description. I can clearly confirm that the numbness you are feeling are out of impaired blood circulation. Impaired blood circulation makes the cells starving for oxygen and food which makes them numb for sometime. We feel it very clearly. When the block is removed, blood flows and it takes some time for the cell to regain its normalcy.

This happens to every body limbs which are movable. Therefore, what ever is happening to you is normal and you should not worry too much about it. Unnecessary thoughts creates more problems.

Hope this clears your doubts.
Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.