Lacerations, indentations on shin, fell down while walking, pain if not covered with bandage. Cause of concern?

Hi, I have a laceration and indentations on my shin in the middle of my shin. It is from falling down hard when i was walking my dog and she saw a squirrel and ran towards it. I have a lot of pain when the indentation is not covered by an ace bandage . My foot hurts as well. Should i be concerned? Ive had problems in the past from playing soccer and softball, i am 24 years old. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Hi visit an orthopaedic surgeon, get x ray. Get dressing done. He will start on oral antibiotics, analgesics.