Laceration on corner of the mouth, stitches, bleeding. When can stitches be removed?

My husband had a laceration to the corner of his mouth and had 8 stitches on the inside and 10 on the outside. They said wait 5 days and have the outside ones removed. He got them early Sun. morning. It is now Friday and they are still bleeding and do not seem to be healing . The ones in his mouth are still there too. How long do we wait to take ones on the outside out?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
Usually stitches inside the mouth are removed on the 5 th day and on the skin are removed on 7th day.
If you feel that the wound has not healed please get a doctor to look at them.
Usually cuts inside the mouth heal very well.
regards, Dr Kishori.