Labile hypertension. Taking atacand,atenolol. Have urinary incontinence. Family history of depression. Flu-like symptoms, diarrhea. How to handle the meds?

have a history of labile hypertension and have been treated for years
meds 16 mg. atacand, 12.5 atenolol
highly intolerant of drugs - have urinary incontinence (can't tolerate diuretics - tried a few & were not effective),
collagenous colitis, lactose intolerance, ibs, and family history of depression
currently systolic highs 140 - 160, lows 120-130 diastolic 60 - 80
my problem are episodes of BP of 200/95 when the current meds are doubled and new ones added - none of which
help to lower but just make me sick - flu-like symptoms, diarrhea, frequent urination, etc.
after 2 wks of this & researching on web, tried QI QONG - brought It down - even got some 110 & 118 readings
because of all the fluctuations, don't know how best to handle the meds - at times when it's low do u reduce or
stop pills and take them when it's above a certain amount or double if a BP 200 surge occurs .

Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013