Labia minora and labia majora are dark color. Not sextually active. Is it due to hormones?

I am 14 and my labia minora and labia majora are both a dark color. I have recently discovered this and am not sure if this is normal. I am not sexually active in any way and any disease is not a factor in this. I m not sure if I am looking for a solution but some more information would be great to know. I ve also heard that this is all due to hormones. I ve read that a solution made from turmeric powder and lime can help lighten the labia in one week. Is any of this true? -Thank You
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013