Knuckles turning blue, pain. Stiffness in fingers. Should I be concerned?

I am a 49yo f in good health however in the last few months i have noticed random knuckles on my had go blue like a vein has burst, not much pain and then the next day it has faded away. The a few days later another finger is affected. Fingers affected feel a bit stiff whilst affected then work normally when cleared. Should I be concerned or is this just part of getting older!
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
The change in color of fingers you can see is likely to be due to circulatory changes associated with age. It is best to get yourself examined to rule out any circulatory pathology. Taking vitamin B complex supplements will also be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal