Knuckle pain in middle finger, swelling, purple discoloration, pain on bending. Due to blood clot?

This morning while getting ready for work I suddenly noticed pain in my knuckle on my middle finger(right hand ) I looked down and it was purple and swollen. it hurts when i bend my fingers and when i look at it when its bent its kind of blue green.. i know i have a large vein on that knuckle and I am worred its a blood clot or something. I am a 30 year old female.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012

It probably seems like you have had a trauma to the finger, which was unnoticed. It is possible that it could be a blood clot. Please apply ice packs locally on the affected area twice to thrice a day. It will heal soon. Give some rest to the affected finger as well.

I wish you quick recovery.