Knots all over the body, bruising, bleeding and pain after being hit severely. Chances of blood infection?

I have a friend who is 1000 miles away from me right now, so I don t have all the details yet, but he is 35 years old and fairly healthy. Exercises regularly. Three days ago he was at Lowes and an employee apparently hit him with a heavy flatbed cart and caused him to lose a good chunk of skin, as he puts it. Tonight he mentioned that he suffered a lot of pain and difficulty walking last night and this morning had trouble getting out of bed because of the various areas of pain. He told me he has mysterious knots, bruising, bleeding and pain. I don t know if it s all over or just in his legs or where. He said it has come on in a fury. I m worried that he is suffering a blood infection or something very serious. Does this sound related to his injury three days ago?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012