Knot on thumb, tension in shoulders, painful. Worsens with heating pad. Need for concern?

I am 24 yr old, 5 6 & 130 lb female and I have a knot the size of the end of my thumb on the muscle that stretches from your neck to your shoulder . I have a lot of tension in my shoulders but I ve never experienced anything like this. It is a visible knot , not my typical tense muscle knot . It is very painful and when I tried to put a heating pad on it and then massage it, it only made the pain worse. Is this anything to be concerned about. Should I see my doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  32 Awaiting Answer