Knot on thigh, pains, spreading. Treatment?

Hi, my boyfriend had a tennis ball size knot in his left thigh, there was no head at all and it was painful to touch or move peg. After a few days it has now turned into a massive bruise filling half of the left side of his thigh. He is in the army and I an trying to get him to see the doctor at the base but he will not, he s just seeing how it goes and if it gets worse. Is this something we need to worry about, for preventative measures or is it something minor that we can just let it go. I am worried about him. Thank you AshleyFaye
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
HE SHOULD CONSULT A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY IT MAY BE A HAEMATOMA DUE TOINJURY IF NOT RESOLVING IT SELF IT MAY TURN INTO ABSCESS DUE TO PUS FORMATION.