Knot on the head with pain since birth. Have throbbing pain with headaches. What is it?

Shortly after birth I had a knot come up on the top left side of my head it was red and swollen for more than a year ir two then the swelling went down and it was a soft spot well through my teens hair has never grown there and it has always been slightly tender I am now 32 years old and the spot has gotten more tender and I have been having throbbing pains on that side of my head right around that area along with headaches . What do you think it is and what do you recommend. thank you for looking this over
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012