Knot on the back of head, neck stiffness. Had sinus drainage a few days ago. Knot due to sinus or excessive workout?

I have a knot in the back right side of my head at the joint of my neck and skull . My neck is stiff as well. I have been sick twice in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Most recently this past weekend with alot of drainage and fluid in my sinuses. I noticed the knot 2 days ago after leaving the gym where I did a series of shoulder workouts. I was curious if sinus drainage or maybe a strained muscle could be the cause of the knot and whether or not I should be concerned. Thanks, Blake
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013