Knot on lip of vagina. Cheesy discharge when popped. Formed red bump. What could it be?

I had what appeared to be a knot under my skin on the lip of my vagina . This has been there for quiet some time. No pain, no sensitivity. All of a sudden this thing became sore this morning. I applied a warm compress to it and it came to a head and popped. Lots of cottage cheese looking substance came from this bump. Now it looks like small red bump. I ve been to my obgyn and he said it was nothing to worry about and something about my hormones.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013