Knot in upper right shoulder. Skin burning when neck rotated. Stopped pills as they were not working. Solution?

Hello, I have had a knot in my upper right shoulder that goes all the way up to the base of my skull . I m limited in neck rotation and I hear a lot of grinding when I rotate my neck in a circle. I have had this issue for 2 months, hoping with heat and ice and motrin it would resolve on it s own, however, it s getting worse. Now, if I have my head in a certain position I get pain that wraps around the right side of my neck and goes under my collar bone and then my skin starts to burn . I feel sun burned all over my neck, shoulder and right hand. Then after moving my neck to look the other way, the burning stops. Ya, I know, so don t look that way, but I can t help it. I m driving and it happens. I have tried Vicodin , flexeril , diazapam, motrin and tylenol . Nothing is working! So, I stopped taking the pills as they weren t working anyway. I was thinking of going to a chiropractor, but I m scared with all the crunching sounds from rotating my neck. I m 38, in decent health, I teach Irish dance and I m a mother of 3 children ages 13, 11 and 7. Will this ever go away?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013