Knot in tongue, thick gel comes out with blood after popping

yes, i recently found a knot in my tongue and it wouldnt go away so tonight i thought id pop it when a needle and it popped, but out of it came a thick, gel like substance and was seeping blood . should i be worried?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Hi, there are many reasons for knot in the tongue, it will only be decided after examination of the knot and investigations such as CT Scan. do not prick it with needle it can be harmful, it is better to visit any dentist and get the examination and investigation done.