Knot in neck, sore. Another one developing behind the ear. What is it?

Since the age of 6 ( I am 34 now) I have had a knot the size of a small marble on the back of my neck , at the base of my skull ( always told by other dr s it was nothing to worry about) Now the knot is the size of a golf ball, and sore. I am also starting to get a second knot above it toward the back of my right ear which is also sore. What should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
HI I have gone through your mail as you said that you are having small knot at the back of your neck near the base of skull for last 28 years,it remains quite small for a long time,but know the size is increasing and attained the size of golf boll,and now there appear another knot at the back of rigt ear,this is a matter which demands attention for need of confirmation about the nature of lump which is possible by either FNAC from lump or taking biopsy from lump,thus you are adviced to contact your for further treatment.Thanks.