Knife stab on ulnar area followed by swelling in axillary region of same side, body aches, no fever. Staph infection?

My boyfriend, a 41 yr old male, had a knife stab the fleshy area (ulnar) of his hand about 10days ago. He cant remeber if it happened st home or the resturant where he works. It has healed aside from swelling/redness/tenderness and yesterday felt and swelling in the axillary region of the same side. Today he is rundown with body aches but no fever noted. To be honest...I m concerned he may have staph and we don t have insurance.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012