Knees crack, pop while getting up, walking. Left knee swollen, limping. How to get relief?

Both knees tend to crack and pop when I get up and walk. This has been going on for 1-2 years. Left knee is a big swollen on the back side and is popping every time I walk. Some pain but not alot. I am limping on the left leg since bowling this saturday. Right knee will have issues with any type of activity. I am 43 years old and would like to get back to more activities(exercise, pitching to my kids, basketball,etc) Any suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013